A SHORT BIOGRAPHY
Elske Wilton-Pfaeltzer was born in The Netherlands into a family of academics and artists. With two successful artistic sisters in the family, she herself chose to go to the University of Utrecht and Leiden, where she received a masters degree in languages.
Later, together with her husband, she travelled the world, working as a journalist during the Lebanese civil war and then, as a result of her husband joining the Netherlands diplomatic service, living in Australia, Germany, Sweden and Malta.
While abroad - like many in her family - Elske took up painting. Now she has permanently settled in The Hague, where she has her own studio.
Exhibitions and conferences from 2002 onward, a selection:
- 2002 Den Haag, Marlot Kunstprijs
- 2002 London, Coventry, Gallery Food for Thought
- 2002 Den Haag Vrije Academie, groepsexpositie
- 2003 Malta, Valletta, Din l’Art Helwa, solo
- 2004 Malta, Lija, Melitensia Fine Art
- 2005 Malta, San Anton, Corinthia Palace Hotel, solo
- 2008 Malta, Valletta, Din l’Art Helwa
- 2009 Amsterdam, Prinseneiland Kunstkerk
- 2009 Malta, Valletta, Din l’Art Helwa
- 2009 Den Haag, Atrium Stadhuis, Nominatie Haagse Schilderkunst Award
- 2010 Noordwijk Schilder Festival
- 2010 Malta, Valletta, Din l’Art Helwa
- 2011 American Society of Portrait Painters Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA